Defend against the Madness of March with these safety tips for preventing injuries and accidents during tournament time, or any time.
- At the door: Place non-slip mats where floors tend to get wet. (Think: doors, soda machines, ice machines and sink areas … just to name a few!)
- Proceed with caution: After mopping, in times of wet weather or whenever a hazard is identified, make sure caution signs are consistently placed. These signs alert customers AND employees to proceed carefully. Leave signs out until the hazard is no longer present.
- Seating safety: Tables, seating and high chairs should be sturdy and well maintained.
- Don’t forget the bathroom: Check bathrooms to make sure the stalls and sink areas are free of debris on a regular basis. Fix water leaks to prevent wet floors and make sure all bathroom fixtures are functioning properly.
- In the kitchen: Sharpen knives, require use of cut resistant mesh gloves and teach proper slicing techniques to prevent cuts and lacerations.
- Behind the scenes: Ensure cleanliness with a front and back of the store cleaning schedule.
- Setting reasonable expectations: When demand is high, remind order takers to communicate increased delivery times to customers. Setting reasonable expectations with customers prevents your drivers from behaving in a reckless manner to meet deadlines.